Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crazy Iowa Colors

Being from Colorado, I'm a little biased. When you enter the state line, the sign says "Welcome to Colorful Colorado". I thought nothing could be more colorful: the red rocks, the purplish mountains, and bright indigo sky.

Iowa's taken me by surprise. Here's a progression of a sunset from my deck. It was wild!







The whole sky was literally orange. Not just part of it. The whole thing. I'd never seen anything like it.

A few days later, we were at a local park, and this was the bright green algae on the Raccoon River! I thought it was totally nuts! It looks like Mormon Jello salad. Ha!

1 comment:

Joy Boggess said...

that is one of my most favorite-est things about the midwest! the sunrises and sunsets! the west's are gorgeous too, but in the midwest i think they are also so beautiful bc they have no mountains to block the view. i am happy you are enjoying them, soak them up for me bc i miss them!