Sunday, March 27, 2011

Beach-tastic!

I never thought my first trip to the beach would be unplanned and spontaneous, but it was! On Monday, the first day of Bradley's Spring break, we were twiddling our thumbs trying to come up with activities to fill our week. We tossed around local stuff and Nauvoo...but my joking proposition to go to Florida starting turning into a reality the more we crunched the numbers. We booked our hotel on Hotwire, packed our sunscreen, and at 3 am the next morning, we set off for Pensacola Beach.

I had no expectations. I thought the beach would be rocky and cold. The lack anticipation and planning really made the trip one of the best ones I've ever experienced. Flying by the seat of your pants really pays off sometimes...









4 comments:

The Rileys said...

Oliver is getting so big! I love spontaneous trips. Where did you get your cute beach dress? Love it!

Laura Watson said...

What great pictures. Oliver is such a blond beach bum.

Sharee said...

Bradley! This is completely crazy, but Jared has been asked to re-locate our little family to Venado Tuerto Argentina for 2 years. Was that in your mission?? Jared & I went down there for about 10 days. Amazing. This will be an adventure for sure...

Unknown said...

*****************************
This is such an inspirational story to share...

christmas gourmet gift hampers
luxury christmas baskets online
christmas present baskets
Xmas Fruit Gift Hampers

Keep on keeping on, we're following you
hugs,
Lucy

***************************