Saturday, November 13, 2010

Our Windows are Covered in Goo.


We have a fly problem at our house. For weeks I was wondering where all these darn flies were coming in from. The weather has changed. Summer's gone. There shouldn't be house flies buzzing in at every moment.

Well after two weeks, I'd had enough. I was sick of smashing flies with an old Ensign magazine in windows and against our newly painted wall. I began wracking my brain for places they could be originating. Maggots, anyone?

I thought of Oliver's diaper pail. Nope. Not there.

The garbage? Perhaps an old lump of steak had fallen somewhere and had attracted the little nasties.

Then it hit me.

When we first moved into our lovely, brand new apartment, a bird nest had been built on a fire sprinkler on our deck. Birds had left a giant mound of poop in front of our sliding door and also...we THINK...a few little birdie eggs that DECOMPOSED.

Bradley went outside with an apron, gloves, broom, and a Walmart bag. He knocked the nest down, and BANG. Flies. Lots of them.

I'm still mortified. Every once in a while a little sick one still wanders in, begging for a snack.

Too bad we took his away. I just hope whatever was whetting his appetite was tied directly to the decomposing nest. If not...something seriously disgusting found its way into our sprinkler head.

No comments: